We manufacture direct-fired make-up air heaters from a standard construction to a fully customized unit. We also manufacture direct-fired paint-booth curing units.
DIRECT GAS-FIRED MAKE-UP AIR HEATERS:
We offer 3 different product lines that can be selected with standard options or user preferred options.
SDM=customizable & full custom
SDM(i)=duct heaters *
Direct gas-fired heaters are designed to heat make-up air, industrial process air or air consumed by other burners, in buildings where make-up air is required to address negative pressure problems. They are also very compact with a high efficiency over price ratio.
- Commercial kitchens
- Industrial and heavy-duty applications
- Boiler rooms
- Paint booths
- Welding workshops
- Underground parking
- Mechanical workshops
- Mine shafts
- Sites requiring negative pressure corrections
NOTE: Direct-fired units must not be installed where people may sleep. Consult local codes for their application.
- CSA approved for installation in Canada or the United States according to the UL-Z83.4/CSA 3.7 standards
- City of New York, # MEA-65-01E.
- State of Massachusetts Plumbing Gas Code CMR 248
*Requires site approval
ALL OF OUR UNITS ARE DESIGNED FOR DESIRABLE
- Air-flow rate, positioning, dimensions, heating needs, variable air-flow requirements, fuel controls, controls, etc.
- Direct-fired duct heater sections are designed with an adjustable profile plate.
- This allows for the adjustment of the air velocity across the burner for optimal combustion.
- Direct-fired burners are very efficient and use 94% of the available heat in natural or propane gas. The remaining 6% is delivered as humidity.
- With a variable inlet vane design they are capable of high turndown ratios of 30:1.
- We can stage their operation to achieve 100:1.
- Our very simple variable volume burner profile plate control permits air-flow reduction to 30% while maintaining perfect combustion when using a VFD-driven motor. This options allows user to reduce air-flow to match load requirements and considerably reduce gas consumption but also reduces motor electrical consumptions.
- Cast iron nickel plated header with 316 stainless steel baffles for very corrosive environments - such as potash mines and plants.
- Cast iron header with 400 series stainless steel baffles.
- Cast aluminum header with 400 series stainless steel baffles.