Customizable Energy Recovery Units
Indoor or outdoor installation
Air: 1,500 to 60,0000 CFM or more
Total energy recovery wheel application
Project: St-Basil High School, Sault Ste-Marie, ON
SPECIFIC JOB FEATURES
- This unit was designed to introduce 8 000 CFM of FA and exhaust 8 000 CFM while providing heating and energy recovery with a horizontally installed wheel. Outdoor air design temperature is minus 30°F
- Frost control is provided with a VFD drive inverter duty motor on the wheel capable of reducing the wheels to 2 RPM from 45RPM at full capacity.
- Heating is provided by drum & tube burner equipped with an modulating burner that delivers 25:1 ratio, 304L SS heat exchanger.
- Energy recovery is done by a polymer enthalpy wheel that recovers latent and sensible energy, transferred between the incoming and outgoing airflows.
- Filtration is done by 2 stages of filtration, MERV 8 (2’’) followed by MERV 13 (4’’)
This unit was designed with a horizontal wheel providing the following advantages:
- Fresh air opening and exhaust air outlet are far from each other, eliminating cross contamination
- The FA is high above ground eliminating snow infiltration.
- The unit footprint is reduced by approximately 20% since the blower is under the wheel.
- Unit width is 20% less compared to a side-by-side vertical wheel arrangement for roof-mounted applications.